4 September 2011

Movies: Conan the Barbarian 3D


I have been wanting to make reviews on movies for too long, and now I'm getting tired of this wait, so here we go with my first one.

First movie to get attention is Conan the Barbarian. Me and my friend went to see this movie at Friday (2.9) late evening. We anticipated, that this wouldn't be as  awesome movie as the first Conan was and we even thought the second Conan movie was better than this.

The tale of Conan the Cimmerian and his adventures across the continent of Hyboria on a quest to avenge the murder of his father and the slaughter of his village

From IMdb
Our tickets
As I don't want to and too lazy to write plot in my own way (may change, you never know), copied one from IMdb.

But as you can see, it's the same plot from the original with little changes, like no wheels to push and growing to adult with it. And the evil guy who is behind this all, is just ordinary man with excellent warrior skills (with no abilities to turn into snake).
Violence and the naked women thought didn't change, they were kinda expected to be there, otherwise it wouldn't be the Conan film we wanted it to be.

But I think it was pretty good action flick, for having fight scenes and feasts and of course the women. But for it to be good Conan film, it sucked pretty hard. There were not enough masculinity, too many jokes on Conan characters part. It just didn't seem quite right. Even in IMdb ratings (4.5.2011, afternoon) were 5.3/10.

One more plus point I'm going to give: Jason Momoa, does pretty good job as Conan, even if anybody cannot surpass Arnold Schwarzenegger.

With this all, I'm going to give little higher points: 6/10
Nice action flick, but not enough to deserve name Conan

No comments:

Post a Comment