8 September 2011

Comics and Kimonos Part 1

It was around year 2000 when I first started watching animation with realizing that it was actually anime and it was from Japan. I have already seen some anime in the past, like Silver Fang: Shooting Star (Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin) and Crimson Pig (Porco Rosso). And of course those series shown on local channel, like Pokemon and Digimon etc.


First series I ever watched around that year were Excel Saga and Detective Loki (Matantei Loki Ragnarok) with my big brother. Third series was Star Ocean EX which was too romantic and dramatic for me, so I only remember about 2 scenes. Fourth and final serie after I got into the japanese animation was Puni Puni Poemi, from same creators as Excel Saga.

After these series I didn't have much chance to see more of them. Most notable series from local channels in between 2003 and 2006 were Dragon Ball Z (with english dub) and Magic Knight Rayearth. DBZ was kind of fun to watch and I even ran after school to home, because it was shown as soon as my last classes were finished. Oh the times...

My friends told me once that local channel called Subtv, showed Sailor Moon...with swedish dub. Luckily I didn't see that, but still to this day it sounds almost like horrible dream.

But now that I have "grown" with anime, I have seen more series and movies, even the newer ones. It was pretty difficult to buy or even get anime in Finland at my age. If you had even Visa Electron card, you could only do purchases at local stores and some webstores that accepted the card. But now as Electron is read as Visa at someplaces, it's too easy to get your money blown to bits.

If you are interested to see, what series I have watched and am watching at the time, belove is a link for Finnish site, but directly to the list. Some of the names may be translated to finnish, but maybe Google translator can help you out...heh.
http://www.animewatcher.net/user/65/anime (in Finnish)

Manga list will be shown on Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment