17 September 2011

Having fun at resort with Zombies

I got hold of Dead Island little earlier than I expected. Order depatched from UK 7.9 and I got it 14.9. Unlike with Deus Ex Human Revolution what took over a week to get in for some reason.
It was quite surprising moment, when it was dropped from my letterbox. First I thought my cat Maju had done something "nice" again, but lucky enough, it was one nicely brown letterbox.

Installation and other stuff went as usual, no problems. Before I called one of my IRC/Steam pal to play the game with, I went ahead and checked the gameplay and how the game looked graphically. I had little trouble with mouse sensitivity but got it working in no time. Game itself looked pretty nice, but some effects with random objects, like beach ball, were off. And you could not even kick chairs or anything else really...well, you can kick zombies, but nothing else. But every else works pretty well.

And after my friend got in the game and after few minutes we ran into sound problems. Because Dead Island isn't directly a Steam game, it (presumed after we both tried to change Steams voice setting to push-to-talk) uses its own voice over. My friend didn't like it as much, but I didn't care. Then we tried voice over with Skype, but ran problems with echo. I don't remember what settings and stuff my friend tried, but after while I remembered that my webcam - which I bought few months ago - had build-in mic. Disabled it, but problem still existed. That took about half an hour or whole hour. Then we tried Ventrilo, but problem existed still, but we had enough and started playing even if the sounds were echoing.

And because we played this on co-op, I don't really know what is it like in single player. I believe it may be pretty hard with all the zombies, but some of you may still beat it. Still I would recommend to play with friends.

Otherwise I'd say, this is damn good game and recommend playing with friends. Graphics may differ a bit regarding your computer specs, but if you have pretty high end, you should have no problems. With medium end computers you may wanna tweet couple settings.

I have only played this for about half a day, so I don't know too much yet. But as this is possible to play in multiplayer, I'll propably end it before Deus Ex - yes, I haven't played it through yet either.

No comments:

Post a Comment