13 September 2011

For Stable versions!

As I have mentioned in my Miners ahoy! randomism post I play Minecraft once a week/two weeks/month, but now that there are more people nowdays (I'm amazed myself, but my server is only runned by simpleserver, with few simple mods) I'm starting to get interested to play it again.
And with 1.8 version coming up (well, it's pre-released, but not stable), lots of people are excited and waiting eagerly.

As I tried to load the minecraft.net
This reminds as I was trying to check minecrafts website at morning, but had this odd page thrown at me. I don't remember that the text said, but it was pretty weird, and in the right of my browser was login section. Tried couple times after that and now that I tried again, I had no permissions. Luckily Notch's (creator of MC, IF you didn't have any clues...) twitted "...we ran a huge query on the database, and minecraft.net is suffering now...". At this point I knew I was about right on my first suggest for what has happened. Some people are just little bit too excited about the 1.8 update to fail the site. And because of this I blame YOU! Nah, just kidding...or am I?

One of my friends asked me, if I have updated my MC server to this 1.8v. I would like to update it to newest version, but there is no rush for me. And I don't even like to update something, which isn't even stable yet. There might no be any harm to me or to my server (well, it might crash for some big unseen bug, but thats highly unlike), but I don't see any reason to do this yet.

I have newer really wanted to use beta version of programs (games on beta test are different thing, because I love to test them, when really my testing is...not really testing...heh) for I don't like to wait for patches or fixes for bugs, because I want to use programs with their full potential when they are updated to stable versions. And if I'm using unstable programs on my server that my friends use daily or weekly, it's pretty much MUST to have stable version for not to have messages from people coming in, like in example"why is this" or "fix this nao!"

How would you feel, if this blogspot site was under beta version, and you could not use one or two features which should be working?

No comments:

Post a Comment