28 September 2011

Bugs and Glitches from Resort

Getting more into it...

14th day was pretty nice day. Although it was my final day-off from monday - wednesday timeline, it didn't matter so much, 'cause I got hold on my copy of Dead Island (PC)! This was pretty big surprise for me - usually it takes about week from release day for game been posted from UK to Finland.

Taking a ride (backseat) in the Jungle
As I told previous post that I loved this game. Love hasn't faded away at all. Me and my friend had little troubles with voice overs and ended up using Ventrilo at the end from Skype. You can blame the game for not having mute button or disable option for mic. But if you have microphone or headset where you can mute it via hardware, you have no trouble with this - or just unplug the mic.

After saving a guy and getting item reward
Some of you might say that this game is horrendous for all the bugs and glitches. But I think you just have to take it all with some humor. Some situations are just hilarious with good friends and some are there to find out what you can do. I found myself finding some bugs at some points and took screenshots of them.
Well, some of these bugs were kinda annoying and just evil, like the one with items stuck in air and you couldn't take them at all - even if I didn't need them anyways.

Matchmaking in this game works in someways. You can join other peoples games, if they are almost at the same chapter. But one thing the game doesn't show up which is not nice for new players: If the game you are about to join in has a player who has already finished it and started new one with old character. With this there is only one problem (can be routed, but takes time or patience): zombies are at the same level as the player who started the game. So if you are starting the game first time with level one character, you may stomp on zombies you can't kill easily (unless you have stomp skill - you can kick them on ground and smash the heads, one hit kills - but for that you need more then 4 levels to get the skill). You can hide or go with the higher level guy, but must be really careful, even if you don't lose as much of cash as at higher levels and with more zombies around you.

Oh yeah, one well known problem is on console (on PC too, but not as radical): save games. Sometimes they get deleted for no reason. My friend accidentally got this problem on (or so I believe) after some sort of glitch. He did join the game with different character with no problem, but his high level character data was almost wiped out. He started new game with same character and got some of his levels back as his skill points, but weapons and items were gone. I believe this is low chance to happen to anybody, but still the chances are too high.

But if you aren't that worried about funny bugs, glitches and other stuff and want some good time killing zombies, I recommend playing with friends who have same level character(s) as you do.

And lucky enough, even Australians can play this!

There is already newest patches for PS3 and Xbox 360, but not for PC version. It has been patched at the time of release, but after that they have only been working on next one. I can wait for the patch, but it better be coming soon before I'm starting to finish the game with other three main character.

No comments:

Post a Comment