20 August 2011

With laser pistols and P90s

Vacation is long over and I'm tired as hell from trying to get sleep pattern to normal (with failure). And now I'll have to work longer days for this week for our janitor having fun on his vacation...lucky him. And with injured leg, my job gets little bit interesting too. Luckily I'll get more day offs after few weeks...

Putting my injuries and job aside, lets get with the headline, shall we.
My vacation went pretty well; got hold of one old scifi TV series, one of my favourites from 90's.
This series is one and only: Babylon 5. I still remember watching this on our local channel late night with my big brother and after school, we watched it again. Though it was kind of sad, I was too young to understand all the commotion the series had in it, so I missed about half of the plot. Still enjoyed to my hearts full.
But now as I started watching it again, I understand much better, whats going on. And to my opinion, it is quite nice and complex plot too. Or maybe I just enjoy it so much so I don't know any better, who knows...

Another TV series as my favourite, is Stargate SG-1. Series was based on the movie, which came on '94 as B5. I think when I saw the movie on the tv, was almost instantly hooked to it. And after local tv channels stated to show it in Finland, I was so excited. Didn't see whole series back then, due to my age and part of the channels fault: they never showed the series after one particular season (which I don't remember unfortunately) even if they had the chance.
But luckily couple years ago I started to get hold on the first few seasons on DVD. Even if I was low on money, still had to buy them. And so I did. Now after a year, I have the whole series in my hand with the original movie and Continuum.

With these series, I'm having a blast time. Next TV series I might get is Firefly. I only saw couple episodes of the serie, but Nathan Fillion still managed to get my attention on it, not as best actor, but some of his lines made me smirk a lot. I believe he was made for the part in the serie. But unfortunately, they only made one season of the show. Same problem with Earth 2, which I liked too.

It's kinda funny, but more like extremely sad that scifi shows don't last too long, if the viewer count is too low.
Same thing happened to Stargate Universe; after two seasons, Syfy saw to cancel it for low viewer count towards to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment