29 August 2011

Orders won't get far enough

My pre-order is still in post office, or in a way to my city. Don't know exactly, but I'm eagerly waiting that Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Augmented Edition. Official launch in Europe was last week, just before weekend, and I missed it. Well, I kinda knew it wouldn't get in here in time.

In a mean while I fragged some ass in Enemy Territory and watched some movies to my boredom. Before I got myself to get ready for work this week, I suddenly remembered buying Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas Collection pack with Vegas and Vegas 2 few months ago. And as I liked Lockdown in some way (with bots being them old ass****s), I thought this couldn't be as bad as that. Well, disc went to drive and began installation. Didn't take as much time as Lockdown did, but hey, it had 4CDs (I had the old case).

After installation and starting up the game, I had to choose my character type (male or female). At first I almost chose female one, but then again, it was nice change to take male part this time (I like choosing female characters for them to be more eye candy). Before I got to finish the character, there was camera option for face to the game scan your face and put it on your characters face. Got curious and tried my new Logitech cam. Took couple shots with each got it's own mechanics to crop the image from certain poins. The finished job was quite amusing, but in the end pretty happy for certain detail (the beard was so intense, but eyes were little too high).

When I almost got to play single-player campaign, I realized you can co-op this game as well. I searched ongoing games, but never got into one, so hosted myself. Couple guys joined my team, with first one leaving me alone with bots because we failed the first "chapters" end sooo hard (defusing bomb and then more than few terrorist came from different angles and we didn't get much cover).

Fun game, ended little too soon (played pretty late at night), but got to blame myself for remembering too late for having game in the bookshelf. Almost even thought for bots being little easier to command, but last chapter ended having hostage killed with my bots being at some random place. From minimap I didn't even see them, but only the arrows showing which way they were "left behind". That point almost facepalmed myself.

This week might start with brand new game, if I'm lucky enough. If not, I'll continue playing Vegas 2 again and this time I know better with terrorist >:)

No comments:

Post a Comment