23 August 2011

From the Hat

During last weekend, having a nice rest after "long" week from work (mentally abusing mostly), was almost worth it. Even if almost got headache and whole weekend went watching One Piece (don't even ask why), it was relaxing.

In the middle of watching anime and keeping my TV on for nothing (I like keeping my TV on, even when there is nothing on to watch), was about to take quick nap till I saw couple familiar Finnish comedians (Ketonen & Myllyrinne). Even some comedians on stage didn't quite get my attension, but as I noticed the way they were sitting in a row (4 performers) and then the host at the side was giving some sort of games to the performers to do.

At that moment I realized, they were doing same kind of improvisations as in US TV show Whose Line is it Anyway? I watched the show little bit more for my curiosity. Then about half a way of the show, I knew they were doing the same games (and I was about to yell in my mind "ripoff!", but hey...what else would they do than nothing? :P) with less success than original show, to my opinion. After many ads, their title burst out, "Vedetään hatusta" (Roughly translated: From the hat). When the show ended, I threw myself to the vast world of internet, and found them to be finnish version of WLIIA

Originally Whose Line was British BBC Radio 4 show programme which moved to UK's TV show on Channel 4 in 1988. Years later same version of the show was aired in the America in 1998 till '05- '07. Both UK and US versions were quite popular.
I liked the US version more myself, because I haven't seen the UK version almost at all; I have seen half of one episode, but didn't like it as much.

On US version, two regular comedians, Ryan Stiles and Colin Mochrie are just the most awesome couple ever. They like making jokes of themselves all the time, like the other comedians visiting them do with them occasionally. Other comedians, regulars and visitors like Wayne Brady, Brad Sherwood, Greg Proops and few others are very good performers, even if their jokes are kinda lame sometimes. Although one improv-game isn't as thoroughly thought as can be: Props. Or the perfomers don't think as good jokes with the props, as with time, but who knows.
I really can't say my full opinion about the games they have on the show, because I just haven't seen them all nor the episodes.

I have had many laughs on evenings with Whose Line, and can't wait to have their DVD release ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment