10 October 2011

"Do a Quest for me and i'll be your Friend"

"Oh crap, I have to write something to my blog, I'm awfully late for that again. I'll be back in a sec, gotta go in Sanctuary first *presses ESC key* and now I have to go to this "settings" panel with my character to bring Main game menu *selects Game Management and then Save Room* and yet again with my character go to nearest cloth mannequing to save the game..."

Yeah, I bought Fable 3 to PC at friday on Steam weekend sales. It was little over 13€ so it was quite nice deal, IF you can get over the flaws the game has. Fable 3 uses Games for Windows Live software, so be ready to wait to start the game if Microsoft Fable servers are busy...you have to wait to log in for the service before the game starts...

First of all, I have only played The Lost Chapters about 10 years ago...well not that long ago but not very far from it. Newest Fable release has the same funny NPCs that uses British accents, or something very similar. And the gameplay doesn't differ much from the first game. Interactivities with NPCs are little annoying, first selecting the character you want to talk to, then select what you want to do with them (with pushing or holding certain buttons) and when you're finished with them, you have to press escape to go next victim. This was much easier with first game even if there was little change to talk wrong npc, but you didn't have to choose them separately.

Fighting is kinda similar, except bows have been replaced with guns and magic use is WAY different than first one. You have to change spells from armoury everytime you want to use something else. And jumping is glitched. Normally in sword or gun fight when you're near the enemy, you can evade attacks by jumping, but this doesn't work sometime and you have to hope to get far enough from next attack.

And the experience system isn't quite nice. As in the first game you can spend your exp points to different skill, depending how much points you have in your Strenght, Accuracy and Magic bars. Third one uses this odd Long Road thing, where you open chest with Quild Seals which you gather from killing or making friends etc. But you can only open chests that are in current line you're in, so you have to continue main quest to open more chest for skills.
So the RPG system...isn't quite the system we hoped for.

There are quite a lot glitches in this game, or so I have heard. Only glitches I have encountered is one NPC character locked herself into a building and I have active quest for her...how can I finish it if I have no means to enter the building - unless that NPC is "freed" after becoming ruler of Albion. Another glitch was in a middle of one quest, where you have to travel through passage to arrive in mini arena, where some skeleton hobbes spawn and you have to kill them before continuing. First few times I tried this, the arena didn't lock me, so I couldn't continue the quest or leave it, because I didn't save before entering it. Finally trying this few times, got the quest finished, but it took so much time.


But if you get over all of the bad gameplay, this is quite nice and funny game. Quite easy too. So if you see this on sales somewhere - don't buy with full price, not worth it - give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment