20 December 2011

Games - Payday The Heist

Left 4 Dead 2 was fun game with friends and hell of boring with bots in single player - well, this game was made for co-op multiplayer to begin with. Even if there were times when you raged to your teammates not to help you or going solo when they should not done it. I still remember when my "ex-neighbor" adviced me to buy it for full price at local video & game store and asked to play with him. I even went as far to buy new headset to speak via VoIP.

My first steps were little bit soloing, hate to admit it, but habits from single player shooters come by often. Neighbor couple times told me loud out that we should stick together and look out each others back. I learned my lesson during smoker attacks and boomers...

There is new game in Steam that reminded me of that teamwork gameplay very much: Payday The Heist (in Steam). Few my steam friends were playing this days before me so I decided to test it out - and it was on sale so why not. At first I were lost a lot and tried to concentrate to see what is happening. Was pretty hard when there were guards shooting at you and my friends over TeamSpeak asked me multiple times, what was I doing and same time going on their objective. Couple times I was "forced" to speak out to tell I'm alive and going with them and not get killed.














After couple missions I started to get hang of the gameplay and followed my friends from place to places and check current objectives while shooting guards. VoIP was still on the loose on my side for my concentration was still needed to check games surroundings.

Second game was little easier in the long run. Even if I knew how to do stuff I still accidentally wandered a little in a mission where you sneak around (at least first few minutes and after that if your teammates aren't noticed by guards). Was kind of funny let everybody panic for you and your location when 3-4 guards are wondering around searching for thiefs and such. I had luck not to be seen.

Second run was easier, but we ended having fun with group when tried to sneak past from couple guards who liked to walk beside us number of times. It was so Splinter Cell moment there and it lasted few minutes untill one of the guards saw one of our team members somehow (I witnessed this from far away, but others didn't believe at start).

This is one of the games I haven't played much, but still enjoyed it very much. It doesn't have latest graphics or other special features. It works really well without any of that. This game falls in the same gategory with Mount & Blade serie, excellent gameplay with decent graphics and without any extra stuff. If you happen to see this on sales or for lower price, get it and tell your friends about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment